EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/08/2024
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for butterflychildrenfund.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, except where stated otherwise. It will notify you of the following:
- What information we collect
- With whom it is shared
- How it can be corrected
- How it is secured
- How policy changes will be communicated
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM SITE VISITORS?
Personal information is not collected on this website but we utilize a third party website for camper and volunteer registration and that website collects personal information that is shared with us. Personal information provided to us includes contact information, medical history, medications and work/volunteer experience.
WHEN IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Personal contact information is collected when a user submits an application form via a third party camp registration website. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via the application, email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
HOW IS YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION USED?
We will use your information to confirm your camper or volunteer application. We will not share your information with any additional third party outside of our organization. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via email.
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We do not collect sensitive information such as credit card data on this website.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
This web site may utilize Google Analytics to improve our search engine optimization. Google Analytics is a service that tracks and reports website traffic. This data is shared with other Google services and may be used to personalize ads on Google’s network. If you’d like to opt out of having your activity monitored by Google Analytics, you can install the browser extension Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on (by Google).
Other than the third party camp registration website, we do not share data about our site visitors with any partners or third party services.
No personal or identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 is collected directly on this website. Any personal information collected via the third party camp registration site, is provided by or with the consent of parents or guardians. If you believe your child has submitted personal data to us, and you would like it removed, please contact us via email.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
In accordance with the CalOPPA we agree to the following:
HOW DOES OUR SITE HANDLE DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT) but recognize it as a user preference that you can enable in your browser settings.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have you stop emailing them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act we agree to the following:
- We will not email recipients who have previously opted out of email communication
- Any user that opts out will be removed from our email list within 10 days
- Each email we send will have an opt-out option that makes it easy for users to unsubscribe from all future mailings
- Emails will include the physical address of our business
- Marketing emails will be identified as promotional or an advertisement of services
- We will not use false or misleading subject lines
- We will monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance